Red Horse Vale History
Our history began in 1965, when Mr Hoggins Senior bought the coal business from Mr Arthur Frost, who was the local milkman and coal merchant in Lower Tysoe. Mr Hoggins Senior moved the business to Middle Tysoe, just behind the village shop and started suppling coal to homes in North Oxfordshire and South Warwickshire.
His sons, Marcus and Terry Hoggins took over the business in 1997 having joined the family business when they left school. Marcus and Terry moved the business to the current site at Windmill Farm and have grown the business to form what is now known as Red Horse Fuels and Country Supplies.
They have expanded the product range and now stock fuels for heating and road vehicles, as well as building, farm, garden and equestrian supplies. The family business still supply coal to many of Mr Hoggins Senior’s original coal customers.
Delivery Truck – 1956
Loading Coal – 1954